Skip to content
- Seeking Both Problems and Solutions, Stanford Social Innovation Review, November 2018
- The Promise of Incentive Prizes, Stanford Social Innovation Review, November 2018
- Scope, Quality, and Urgency, November 1, 2017
- The Devolution Will Be Televised, The Nation, October 2017
- Mass digitisation: lessons from a managerial perspective, with Hans Westerhof in Caring for Invisible Assets: On Preservation of Digital AV Collections (2011)
- Lead Type, Dead Type, EPIC (Ethnographic Praxis in Industry Conference) 2009, American Anthropological Association (AAA) (2009)
- Designing for Digital Archives, ACM Interactions, March 2008
- Good Terms – Improving Commercial-Noncommercial Partnerships for Mass Digitization. D-Lib, November 2007
- Finding Murphy Brown: How Accessible are Historic Television Broadcasts? Journal of Digital Information, Vol 7, No 2 (2006)
- New Approaches to Television Archiving First Monday, March 2005
- Forward Thinking Messaging News, March 2005
- Reputation Systems An issue of Release 1.0
- Talking Trash Another issue of Release 1.0
- What Email Is, and What it Will Be Short paper published by Ferris Research.
- Vernor Vinge Internet World, February 1996
- International Children`s Digital Library D-Lib, November 2002
- Open Grantmaking. MIT Open Learning, Boston, April, 2019
- Planetary Regulation. Interplanetary Festival, Santa Fe, June 2018.
- Balancing Act: Philanthropy’s Unresolved Tensions. Global Philanthropy Forum, April, 2016
- Philanthropic Research and Foundation Practice. Association for Research on Nonprofit Organizations and Voluntary Associations, November 2015
- A Fork in the Road: Two Approaches to Philanthropy. NetImpact, November 2014
- Archiving News. Citizen Journalists and Community News, Library of Congress, November, 2010
- Public/Private Partnerships. AVA21 Conference, European Commission, October, 2010
- Personal Archiving. Smithsonian Institution, Washington, D.C., April 2010
- Violent Wartime Footage Online: What Should Digital Archivists Do? CPSR’s Technology in Wartime Conference at Stanford University, January, 2008.
- Archives as Infrastructure. Intelligent Television’s Symposium at the Hewlett Foundation, November, 2007.
- Collaborative Approaches to Television Archiving. Video, Education, and Open Content, Columbia University, May, 2007.
- Voluntary Associations: Community, Contribution and Rights. Cornell Microsoft International Symposium on Self-Organizing Online Communities, March, 2007
- Consumer Generated Content in Community Management. Community 2.0 conference, March, 2007.
- Web Logs, Privacy, and Data Surveillance. Data
Surveillance and Privacy Protection Workshop, Center for Research on
Computation and Society, Harvard University, June, 2006.
- Google Print. Computers, Freedom and Privacy conference, Washington, DC, May 2006.
- Net TV is not TV. Microsoft Research, March, 2006.
- 6625734 Controlling and tracking access to disseminated information
- 7096355 Dynamic encoding algorithms and inline message decryption
- 7246378 Controlling and tracking access to disseminated information